PLEASE SAVE THE DATE FOR:
The WSBA IP Section’s 22nd Annual Intellectual Property Institute
Friday, March 10, 2017 at the Washington State Convention Center
8:00 A.M. – 8:30 A.M. (sign – in /coffee and pastry)
8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. (Lunch provided /Key –note speaker)
5:15 P.M. -6:30 P.M. (Meet and Greet)
- Keynote speech by United States District Court Judge Benjamin Settle of the Western District of Washington
- Update on Post-Grant Practice at the USPTO by Scott McKeown of Oblon, McClelland, Maier and Neustadt (co-author of the treatise POST-GRANT PROCEEDINGS BEFORE THE PATENT TRIAL AND APPEAL BOARD (Practising Law Institute))
- Patent litigation strategies in light of Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank Int’l by Jerry Riedinger of Perkins Coie
- A Defend Trade Secrets Act overview by Nagendra Setty of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
- An overview of Data Privacy & Cybersecurity and why they matter to the IP Practitioner by Aravind Swaminathan of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
- Update on IP Malpractice trends by Mike McCabe of the IPEthics & INsights blog
- Annual Meet & Greet afterwards (venue TBA)
- And more!
Lunch will be provided.