- Date: September 14, 2016
- Time: 12:00 pm 1:30 pm
- Venue: Washington Athletic Club
- Categories: WSPLA Event
- Speaker: David Gauntlett of Gauntlett & Associates, Irvine California
- Topic: Obtaining Insurance Coverage for Your Patent Infringement and Related IP Claims
- Cost: Members: $60; Non-members: $80; Students $35
- Meal Choices: Smoked honey-barbecue chicken with Beecher’s mac and cheese, Sirloin steak, Vegetarian: Grilled vegetable couscous
Event Materials: Obtaining Insurance Coverage for Your Patent Infringement and Related IP Claims;
Appendix – Insurance Coverage for Patent Infringement Lawsuits
This presentation material is provided by David Gauntlett as a courtesy to the WSPLA members. The use of the slides and any information contained therein by the recipient does not constitute legal advice.
In this presentation, we will discuss:
- Best practices for Commercial General Liability Coverage that may include patent coverage;
- Best practices for Directors & Officers/Errors & Omissions coverage that may include IP coverage;
- Obtaining affirmative pursuit of patent infringement claims with insurer funding;
- Opportunities to secure coverage in litigation based on counterclaims asserted in typical patent infringement lawsuits;
- Opportunities for coverage where non-patent infringement claims for unfair competition, tortious interference, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation and other claims are conjoined with patent complaints and counterclaims; and
- How to circumvent intellectual property exclusions eliminating coverage for patent infringement in Commercial General Liability policies/D&O/E&O policies.
About our Speaker:
David A. Gauntlett is the principal of Gauntlett & Associates. He is a 1979 graduate of Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California at Berkeley, where he served as a member of the California Law Review. He received his B.A. from the University of California at Irvine, Magna Cum Laude, in 1976.
Oops! We could not locate your form.