- Date: January 20, 2016
- Time: 12:00 pm 2:00 pm
- Venue: Microsoft Redmond Campus, 16255 NE 36th Way, Building 36 Room 1108-1110, Redmond, WA 98052
- Categories: WSPLA Event
- Speaker: Stephen Korniczky, Partner, Sheppard Mullin; Tom Wong, Senior Attorney, Microsoft Corporation
- Topic: This CLE will focus on ethics for patent practitioners and include two parts. In the first part, the instructors will discuss several ethical scenarios based on actual disciplinary actions at State Bars and the US Patent and Trademark Office. In the second part, trial counsel from the Intellect Wireless v. HTC patent infringement litigation will discuss the real-life ethical violations that led to a defense victory based on inequitable conduct, the granting of $4 million in attorney fees jointly and severally against the patent owner and its trial counsel, and patent prosecution counsel’s disbarment from practicing before the Patent Office. Pre-approved for WSBA Ethics CLE Credit.
- Cost: Members: $60; Non-members: $80; Students $35
- Meal Choices: Box lunch & beverage assortment.