- Date: January 17, 2018
- Time: 12:00 pm 1:30 pm
- Venue: Microsoft Campus
- Categories: WSPLA Event
- Speaker: Speaker: Bob Stoll, Former Commissioner of Patents at USPTO 2009-2012, Partner at Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP
- Topic: Patent Practice Updates
- Cost: Members: $60; Non-members: $80; Students $35
- Meal Choices: Assortment of Box Lunches
Speaker: Bob Stoll, Former Commissioner of Patents at USPTO 2009-2012, Partner at Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP
Panel Moderator: Sandy Swain, Assistant General Counsel, Microsoft
- Steve Spellman, Senior Attorney, Microsoft
- Aaron Hoff, Patent Engineering Manager
- Michael Medley, Partner at Medley, Behren & Lewis
This CLE event is a two-part program about a couple of current topics in the patent community. For the first part of the program, Bob Stoll will share his thoughts on the current challenges of the USPTO and issues that USPTO Director Iancu will have to tackle in the coming months. They include dealing with uncertainty around SAS and Oil State, fixing PTAB problems, continuing to improve patent quality, and addressing ongoing patent eligibility issues during examination. The second part of the program will feature a panel discussion on the potentials and challenges of patenting Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies. AI is increasingly being incorporated into all kinds of fields, including medicine, bio/pharma, automotive, cloud services, social network, and much more. This panel of experts will provide a high-level overview of AI and potential issues associated with prosecuting AI patent cases.
Location: Microsoft Redmond Campus, Building 92, 15010 NE 36th St, Redmond, WA 98052
Oops! We could not locate your form.